Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY Paint Splatter State Art Expedit Doors

Here is another office/craft room project that I finished.  I made 2.  West Virginia for me and Ohio for my husband.




I used 2 12x12 canvasses from Michael's.




I went online and found jpegs of both states and imported them into Photoshop to re-size them to 12x12.  Then I printed them out.



I carefully cut out the states and taped them down onto my canvas. (Sorry, I only took pictures of the one state, but you get the idea.)



This next part is trial and error.  I had no idea what kind of results I would get so I can't give you exact steps.  I put some water into my spray bottle with some craft paint and started spraying my canvas.  This is what it looked like after I removed the stencil.  I was pretty pleased with it.  After it dried for several hours, I painted on the stars around the vicinity of where I am from and where my husband is from.




I attached both canvasses to my Expedit book case just like I did here.  

Don't forget, my Tuesday link party is still going on.  I would love it if you would link up.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Your post immediately caught my eye. I grew up in Charleston and went to school in Shepherdstown. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from TT&J. Have a great weekend :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea! Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete