Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What I've Been Up To...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Hello again everyone.  Boy, it has been a long time.  Sorry that I disappeared for like 5 months.  Life happens I guess.  You know how it is.

So what happened?  Where did I go?

Well, in September we did a lot of traveling.  In that month alone, we went to Ann Arbor Michigan, Cleveland Ohio, Indianapolis Indiana and Buffalo New York for various reasons.

Then, when we were done with all of that, I got a part time job at my sister-in-law's dog grooming business.  I went from not working a "regular job" to working 3 days a week which put a cramp on my decorating projects.

I did manage to start a dozen projects, but never felt like finishing them.  I don't like showing unfinished projects on the blog, but at this rate you may never see anything on my blog again.  So, I decided to show you the state of my house - The good, the bad and the ugly.  Please keep in mind that these are unfinished rooms.  The quality of the pictures aren't great because they are progress photos. 

Here we go...

The Good

The living room/dining room is almost finished.  I made a lot of progress in this room last year.  The biggest improvement was getting our new couch.


The black and white stripe feature wall shelves are mostly finished.  I have a few pieces of art to add and a couple of bookends to make.  It is coming together which is good.



The Bad

I changed our kitchen AGAIN.  I've added tons of color to the living room and I felt like the kitchen needed more color since it is right next to that room.  So on a whim, I painted our cabinets turquoise and pink but never finished them.



I was tired of the Asian theme in our bedroom and like the kitchen, I wanted to add more color to the room.  So on another whim, I decided to paint one wall a dark blue and then left it that way.  I'm not sure I like the blue and may go back to my original idea of painting the room black with pops of color in the accessories.


The Ugly

We did manage to start the deck on the front of our house, but sadly the hideous messed up siding is still there.  Priority number one for Spring.



Remember this picture of our bathroom.  It still looks like this, paint sample and all.  


Now, the floor is peeling up by the tub.  It just gets uglier and uglier.


The bathroom is priority number two.

The Dog's Room/Mud Room was safe from my spur of the moment changes, but I did add some things to the office and have plans to add a makeup station to that room.

Why haven't I finished all of these projects?

A few reasons... 
1. Being busy with life. 
2. The bitter cold/snowy weather in Ohio. 
3. Being burnt out from all the other projects I did last year.

The final reason (the biggest reason) I haven't wanted to finish projects is that in October I made a decision to become healthier.  I was tired of the way I looked and tired of being out of shape.  I realized that I had a milestone birthday coming up and I wanted to make a change for the better and get out of the funk I was in.  

I have already lost almost 20 pounds with more to go.  Losing weight awakened my love of fashion and makeup.  Because of that, I bought a new wardrobe and some new makeup and I feel so much better about myself.  I started posting my new outfits on lookbook and started posting on my fashion blog again (If you are into fashion and makeup, I hope that you will check out Punky Little DIYer).  

My 2014 blogging goals will be more focused on the fashion blog.  That doesn't mean I won't post on here.  I just won't post as often.  Maybe once or twice a week max.  However, I hope that you will stay subscribed and follow along because I do plan on finishing projects and can't wait to show you the reveals of all my rooms.

Thanks for letting me explain what has been going on and here is to a productive 2014.

3 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen! I didn't see where it wasn't finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome black. Can't wait to see what projects you'll get up to in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LAUREN!!!! I'm so happy to see that you are still around!
    I've been checking back once a month or so just in case.
    Good for you for making the decision to get yourself healthier! It has to take priority, always, so nobody can fault you for that! You can see, Jan 10th was the last time I posted on my blog. I go in spurts, posting every other day to posting hardly once a month. Just busy!
    I hope to see more from in the future. You have such a funky style sense and your use of color is awesome. I LOVE the pink kitchen!!!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete