Sunday, September 16, 2012

Modern Baroque Mudroom {Dog's Room} Reveal

Finally, the day has come to show this room reveal.  After about 9 months of slowly changing this room over from just a crappy storage room to a room with some style, it is finally done.

Here is what the room looked like before.



 
 
The room was quite hideous.  This wallpaper, the wood trim and floors are really not my style.  (No offense to my sister-in-law if she is reading for picking out these things.)  You could see all of our clutter and there was no organization what so ever.
 
 
But all of that is gone now and here is what it looks like now.
 
 

 


Here are the doggy steps that allow the dogs to get up on the window seat.  See this post about the window seat.  The chevron toy box was made by my husband (tutorial coming soon).


I made this chandelier myself (tutorial coming soon).



Believe it or not these are fabric covered candles.  A really simple project.  I just cut left over chevron fabric the size of the candles and used Mod Podge to glue it to the candle.  I don't burn my decorative candles so I thought that was a fine idea.

Here is a source list if you are interested.

Wallpaper - Black and White Damask American Blinds

Trim Color - Dark Kettle Black in Satin from Lowe's
Door Color - Panama Rose in High Gloss from Lowe's

Floor - Mod Zebra II, Filigreed, Dashed Off Jailbird, Road to Damaskus (no longer available), Feelin' Groovy in Pink & Black from Flor.com

Furniture -            2 1x5 Expedits,
                  1 2x4 Expedit (we altered by taking the sides off   and attaching to the 1x5 Expedits)
                  Malm Dresser
                  2 Pax Wardrobes (19")
                  1 Pax Wardrobe (39")
                  4 Pax Ballstad Doors (Cut for crates see this post)

Accessories - Frames, vases and candlesticks Hobby Lobby

If I missed something that you might be interested in, let me know and I will let you know where it came from.

Other posts about this room can be found here, here, here and here.

I know this style isn't for everyone.  My husband thinks there are far to many prints in this room, but I really like it.  I have unique style I guess.  I hope you like it, but if not that is OK too.  Your style probably isn't my thing either.  That is the great thing about interior design. 

1 room down 5 more to go.  Until next time...

I am linking up to:







I Heart Nap Time

DIY project Parade linky party button

Photobucket



It's Overflowing

Made in a Day

Making

Christy's Cuties



Home Stories A2Z

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

The Southern Intitute



Full Circle Creations

The Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional - Wednesdays @ 8am



Photobucket

Adorned From Above

Our DelightfulHome



HookingupwithHoH







Photobucket





the Grant life

Thirty Handmade Days

The Shabby Nest

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Happy Hour Link Party

five days five ways | feature friday free for all

Photobucket



Weekend Bloggy Reading





A Diamond in the Stuff



Making Monday Marvelous
 

29 comments:

  1. Pleaѕe let me know if уou're looking for a article author for your blog. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd
    lοve to wгite sоmе сontent for уour blog in exchаngе for
    а linκ back to mine. Plеаse shoot me an е-mail if
    іntеrеsted. Thank уou!
    My web page > purpose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to find your blog or email address to respond back. Please let me know the name of your blog. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that I'm following you! I love your mud room. Jealous actually:) Thanks so much for posting on TT&J!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I am glad you like the room and thanks for following my blog. I will be posting another room reveal here soon.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! What a happy place to come home to everyday. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH MYYYY!! I LOVE this! The colors are amazing. I would love for you to link up to my Tip Toe thru Tuesday party that starts tomorrow. I hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome room Lauren! I LOVE LOVE your gradient painted dresser. I went to the post on that and the dogs look so cute perched up on the pillows of the window seat looking out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. It makes me very happy to go into that room. It looks so good compared to the rest of the house. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you linked your gorgeous glam new mud room with us at Tip Toe thru Tuesday! I so love the black and white, the pink and the lime! Beautiful job, can't wait to see the tute for the chandelier! Your newest follower, Kim from tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what an incredible makeover - love love love those doggie steps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing room! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun and playful room and it is a puppy's paradise! I really like the wallpaper - so pretty!
    Thanks for linking up this week...hope to see you next week at the Autumn Inspiration Linky Party!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  11. wowsa! what a change! i love the individual little cubbies for the dogs! thanks again for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lauren,
    You totally rocked this room! I'm a girl who l-o-v-e-s colour and this room speaks my language. If it were bigger I could live in that room... seriously!

    I found you through MRL's linky party and I'm your newest GFC follower. Hope you can stop by for a visit sometime and follow back. Have a great weekend!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tuula. I just checked out your blog and became a GFC follower. Thanks for following my blog.

      Delete
  13. Oh my gosh, look how fun that room is! Love it! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow...what a transformation ! The colors are so vibrant and chic...Lauren you did well my friend...thank you so much for sharing at our HAPPY HOUR linky party...xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG... are you kidding me!!!??? That's AWESOME! Love the little doggy steps so they can get on the window seat!! I think I need to make something like that, my dogs are on my couch all the time and it is full of dog hair which I HATE!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting ready to do a post on the doggy steps. So stay tuned for how I made them. Very easy to make.

      Delete
  16. This is an amazing transformation. I love what you did, and the colors are great. This is such a fun room. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are one talented lady, this room turned out awesome! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, now I can be one of your new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Kristel. I am glad I stopped by your blog as well and thanks for following. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely LOVE everything about this room. It is wonderful. I would love to see a picture of the babies who are so lucky to be able to use it. I love dogs and cats and all critters! I am going to enter my email so I can follow your posts. I do not have a blog but love to pin different things and I am pinning this for sure!!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hananiah. My dogs are a very important part of our family. So they get their own room. Thanks for following my blog. If you want to see pictures of the dogs. I have a dog blog called 3 pins and a pokey. You can check it out if you want.

      Delete
  20. I LOVE THIS SOOSOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! We have 5 little rescues and the amount of dog stuff in my house, well, you understand. I want to make this whole room!!!!!!! You're so awesome! And I"m going to check out your dog blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete