Here is what the boxes look like originally.
I had 6 boxes that I wanted to paint. They would all be a different color. 1 of the boxes I had was the pink version and the rest were these black boxes. In hind sight, I probably should have got all pink. More about that in a bit.
I started painting and quickly realized that the fabric was soaking up the paint. No big deal. I will add another coat. The second coat soaked in a little bit, but I could tell it was starting to cover. Because the boxes are black it took several coats to cover completely. The pink box that I painted only took 3 coats. That is why the pink boxes probably would have been better.
I took photos of 1 of the boxes that I painted to show you.
After the 4th coat, I put 1 more coat on just to make sure no black was showing.
The above picture is after it completely dried. You can see that the fabric bubbled up in a few places. This did not happen on all of the boxes that I painted only a couple of them. At first I was bothered by it, but after a few days I could barely tell that it was bubbled up.
Another thing to keep in mind, the number of coats also depends on what color you are painting the box. The lighter colors, yellow and orange, took about 8 coats of paint.
These boxes are very affordable and if they don't have the color that you want, you can easily paint them. I am glad that I did.
I will see you guys tomorrow for the link party features and this week's link party.