Oliver had already purchased the Malm bed and 2 Malm dressers before we met.
He added red handles to the dresser to go with the decor of the room.
In our bedroom remodel, we moved the one dresser out of the room and kept the tall dresser. It looked like it needed something once we moved it to its new location. So I thought an Ikea hack was in order. We bought 2 Billy bookcases to flank the dresser.
We cut a 1x12 into 3 pieces and stained them black to match the Billy's. Then attached them to the sides of each Billy giving it a built-in look.
(Sorry about the photos. You'd think since I was a photographer, I would take better pictures. I need a wide angle lens to be able to fit the whole thing in really. Oh well!)
I added all of our Asian accessories that we have collected over the years. The new items were the red fu dogs from target and an iPhone alarm clock that my fantastic hubby bought for my birthday at the beginning of the month.
The bottom shelves on each Billy are storage for Oliver's shoes.
Stay tuned for more projects from the bedroom.