Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Favorite Halloween Pumpkin Tutorials

I know I haven't posted anything Halloween related.  So today, I thought I would show you some of my favorite pumpkin tutorials in blog land.  I love all the black and white baroque pumpkins.  If I decorated pumpkins, I definitely would be making all of these.  Enjoy!

Beautiful! Tutorial for gilded pumpkins with brass tacks at madiganmade.com
 
 
 
 
 
IMG_0984
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Halloween is that magical season where imaginations and creative fantasies run wild, and it’s the ultimate opportunity to scare up that limitless array of crafty tricks & treats you’ve been dreaming up. While whipping up a costume may be the first project on your list, we suggest taking dress-up to the next level with a boo-tiful take on string art. With some colorful string, nails and a geometric pattern in mind, create this unique holiday décor that’s unexpectedly chic and one-of-a-kind. 

To create: Push thin nails around the top and bottom of the pumpkin in a circle formation, leave approximately half an inch between each nail. P.S.- Don’t push the nail heads in yet. Knot the pink string to a nail and wrap it in an up-and-down pattern across the pumpkin. Create contrast with a different colored string and repeat the knot and wrapping step. To finish it off, push the nail heads into the pumpkin to secure.

P.S.- Enter Polyvore’s All Hallows collage contest, for a chance to be featured on Polyvore!
 
 
Tomorrow, I will show you the one and only Halloween project that I worked on this year.  I will also explain why that is the only Halloween project you will see from me.  Please, come back tomorrow to see it.