So let me explain what has been going on. I have been extremely busy remodeling our kitchen. I did tons and tons of projects in that room and most were huge fails. I was convinced that the kitchen was cursed. I told my husband that I think the kitchen was happy looking crappy for so long that when I started to improve it, it rebelled. It seemed like everything I attempted to do in there went horribly wrong.
Because of all the project fails, I started to get in a funk. My confidence went out the window and the blog suffered. I had nothing to blog about. Until now.
Finally, the kitchen has decided that it likes looking better and has let me do my projects without complications. So I have several things to show you. The kitchen still isn't finished, but it is about 85 percent done. I hope to have it done by the beginning of the new year.
This project that I am about to show you was the turning point in this ordeal. It is such an easy project. I guess I needed that fail proof project to get my confidence back and get things done.
I made these 2 Book Page Silhouette Art Prints for the soffit above our cabinets. Very easy and cheap to make.
Here is what you need:
2 Frames (whatever size your book pages will be)
Computer and Printer with Black Ink
I remembered that I had this old Guinness book of World Records from 1977. How I acquired that, I have no idea. I wasn't even born yet. Either way, I thought it would be neat to use the pages that pertained to food. Conveniently, there was only 2 pages that were food related records. I tore those out carefully.
Next, I got on the computer and looked for kitchen utensil silhouette vector art that was a .png file format.
I found these two utensils that were .png files and opened them in photoshop. As you can see, the background is invisible and that is what you want. Also, I made mine 5x7s to fit in my frame. You have to adjust your printer paper size to 5x7 as well. Insert your book page into your printer and print it.
I had to cut off some excess book page to fit into my frame. But that is it. It is ready to hang on the wall.
It really was a relief to have a project go smoothly and quickly. The total cost of the project was $20 for the frames and it literally took about 20 minutes to complete.
I will post how I made the mini fork sunburst mirror next. Another easy project. So please come back to see that.
Thanks for sticking with me through the blogging drought. I have some exciting things coming up for the new year and can't wait to reveal them.