Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Instagram Photo Display Wall {Hallway Reveal Part 2}

Everyone is into Instagram right now.  Unfortunately, I am not.  I have an account, but I don't use it because I have an old iPhone that takes crappy pictures.  I could use my iPad, but I always forget about using Instagram.  I do however take pictures with my cameras.  The photographer in me still exists.  

I had some of our pictures displayed on our dining room table.


  
I have another idea for the table so the photo heart had to go.



We had this blank wall at the end of the hall and I thought it was a perfect place for the photos.  I came across The House of Smiths Instagram display wall and loved the idea.  So that is what I did.



I tweaked the idea a little.  Instead of weaving the string back and forth, I just did individual rows with my hot pink string.


Also, instead of using molding attached with command strips, I had my husband attach 1x2s directly to the wall.



It is a really simple project.  After my husband attached the wood rails, it only took me a couple hours to drill all the holes for the screw eye hooks, screw the hooks in and thread the string through.



I attached the pictures with these mini craft clothes pins (Amazon) that I spray painted fluorescent yellow.


You may have noticed that I added this Orb light fixture in the hall as well.  It was a very dark spot in our house and needed some lighting.  I made the fixture with embroidery hoops and a Hemma Cord from Ikea.  Very easy to make.

Because the hall doesn't have a switch for a light, I found the coolest gadget to turn the light off and on.

  

This is an indoor wireless remote control with three outlets (Amazon).  I used 1 in the hall, 1 for our orange lamps in the living room and the extra 1 is for an upcoming project for the dining room.  It is really cool and only $20.

Well, that is the hallway.  It is super small, but still reflects our personality that the rest of the house has.  

If you missed part 1 of the hallway, check it out here.

I'm linking up to these parties: Green Willow PondThis Silly Girl's LifeSouthern LovelySavvy Southern StyleSeven Thirty ThreeThe 36th AvenueA Creative PrincessNo Minimalists HereSeven AliveLive Laugh RoweWhat's Cooking LoveA Delightsome LifeI Gotta CreateKatharine's CornerThe Yellow Birds DecorReasons to Skip HouseworkSomewhat SimpleLiving Well Spending LessDomestic SuperheroRedoux InteriorsCraftionaryLamberts LatelySerenity YouClassy ClutterTwigg StudiosSuburbs MamaDIY ShowoffIt's So Very CheriI Gotta Try ThatThe Dedicated HouseCraftomaniacClaire Justine OxOx,Someday CraftsPolkadots on ParadeDIY by DesignSeven Thirty Three, 36th AvenueThe Blissful Bee, 52 MantelsMom on TimeoutAll Things with PurposeThe Shabby Creek Cottage,  House of HepworthsThe Crafty Blog StalkerDomesblissityGingerly MadeArtsy Fartsy MamaEmbracing ChangeMade In A DayBe Different Act NormalOr So She Says, It's OverflowingToo Much TimeI Heart Naptime, Nifty Thrifty Things, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Sew Can DoLines AcrossHomemaker on a DimeAlderberry HillWatch Out, MarthaHuckleberry LoveRain On a Tin RoofMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaA Stroll Thru LifeThe Blackberry VineTaylor MadeKathe With an EFrench Country Cottage,  Happy Hour ProjectsCreate Craft LoveThe Frugal GirlsDesign, Dining and Diapers, Bacon Time With Hungry Hypo, Thirty Handmade Days, Serenity Now, Whipperberry, Just Us Four, Truly Lovely, What About, Cheerios and Lattes, Six Sisters Stuff, Funky Junk Interiors, Between Naps on the PorchSkip to my LouCreating my way to Success, Our Delightful Home, The Real Housewives of Riverton,    

11 comments:

  1. visiting from Redoux link up. I love this idea. You have done a great job of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren this is such a super cute idea. This is such a wonderful and inspiring post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us today!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo wall looks great. You two are so cute...I'm sure your hubby will appreciate that :) Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. My husband loves the wall of photos too.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love this idea, Lauren. My daughter's Sister-in-Law is a photographer and has a whole wall filled with photos It is a fantastic look and place for great conversation!- love that quote too - beautiful project. I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh! I love this. Such a dramatic difference. Thank you so much for linking up to Suburbsmama. Hope to see more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo clothesline is fabulous. Love this idea. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, and I LOVE your orb light!! I can't believe you made that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren,

    Your picture wall turned out great and that light is so creative! Thanks for linking up at the Inspiration Gallery!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. Great idea for all those photos! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Instagram - and use those remotes for our lamps downstairs! Looks Great!!

    ReplyDelete