Wednesday, August 14, 2013

TV Stand Makeover

Remember my TV stand from my flea market lamps makeover?  If you don't, here it is again.



It is a Besta storage combination with doors from Ikea and the center door is a Besta Tombo glass door. 

When we ripped out the ugly green carpet and painted the floor black, I wanted a different look for the TV Stand.  Here is what I came up with.



The original plan didn't work out so I decided to just paint it and swap out the fabric that was in the center door.  I painted it Suddenly Sapphire from Lowe's.



The fabric is from Joann Fabric.  It is an indoor/outdoor fabric called richloom variations poolside.  The orange in the fabric was originally yellow.  I hand painted over the yellow with orange paint that I had left over because I wanted the lamps to tie in with the TV stand.



When painting Ikea furniture, you should sand it and prime it with a gripping primer so that the paint sticks to the smooth surface.  If you don't sand and prime, the paint will peel off.  I've had it happen.



If you look closely into the TV screen, you can see a glimpse of polka dots that I incorporated into the room.  I am not going to tell you where they are.  It will be a surprise.



You can also see that I added shelves to the black and white striped wall.  Right now, I have my camera's and viking glass displayed on them.  That stuff will get moved around when I finish accessorizing the room.

If you don't like color and pattern, there is a good possibility that you hate my house.  I can't get enough of the bright colors and bold patterns everywhere in my house.  It is so fun and happy in every room.  I am like Punky Brewster all of a sudden.

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    I love this, to cute. Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Lauren - the colors just pop! Love your design! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!!!!! Please come share this on DIY Sunday Showcase Party that I cohost!!! It opens tomm at 5pm.

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete